Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Respite Worker

Okay, so as you know we have a unique family situation. I can't call just anyone to come watch my kids. Not that parents just call anyone, but I think you guys know what I mean. A respite worker (that's someone that watches our kids, especially Dylan) comes to our house so I can get a break from driving to therapies, medical appointments, and everything else I drive Dylan to. Respite allows me to go shopping, take a nap, read a book, take a shower, you get the idea. Our worker decided she needed to get married and moved away. We miss her terribly. We are in the process of trying to find a few new workers so we have options. So if you know of anyone that is at least 18, responsible, punctual, tidy, clean, and that isn't psycho, send them our way. We are also looking for someone that will interact with our kids and not just watch TV or stare at them. I can explain the whole process to them. It's not a "full time job", but it could be extra spending cash or money to pay bills. We are allotted so many hours a quarter and I divide into the three months. So they would work about 64 hours a month. If you or anyone you know would be interested, please contact me.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I don't know anyone in the area.

    However, my mother and I have worked for UCP, for many years! I'd be happy to help babysit on occasion! I personally am unable to lift at the moment. (I was helping my gpa out of his wheelchair, he was a two man lift, and I shouldn't have attempted it by myself.) :( Anyhow, if Paul and Amy could come with, there would be no problems!

    Brianna has been so sweet and playful with Amy in nursery. And it would be nice to get to know Dylan too!

    Think about it, and let us know if there's anything we can do to help! You can start planning a night out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,

    Thanks so much for the offer. I will probably take you guys up on the offer:) I just found out that the rules have changed and it's causing difficulty with feeding now for Dylan. I'll keep you posted. How's your little one by the way?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails