Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's 3:55am , what are you doing right now.....

Alright, well I can't sleep. I can hear Kalen snoring and the washing machine. The reason I am awake is that my DEAR daughter came and got into bed with me. She has been doing this a lot lately. I can't figure it out why. I've been told "It's the age." So has anyone else had their kids come on a repeated basis try to get into their beds. Of course I have to be the one to take her back to bed because Kalen is oblivious that she is there. So now I'm awake. I've unloaded the dishwasher, started a load of laundry, checked email, wrote Kalen a note, and now decided to blog.

So as some of you know, I've been in a funk. I guess it's been a combination of things. One big part is that I totally don't feel like I fit in anywhere sometimes. I've been told fairly recently, "Well most people feel this way," I just think to myself, really...... I doubt it. Let's see, I can't go to the store when I need to, hence the Dylan's wheelchair. Ever thought how you push a shopping cart and wheelchair at the same time. I keep thinking I should invent some sort of contraption to help not only those that have to push wheelchairs but strollers also. Then my next complaint is that I'm learning who my "real" friends are. It's sad to say that I don't have many. The dynamics of many have changed. I've been trying to figure out why we don't have "couple" friends that we go to the movies with, go out to dinner, etc. We've tried and I can't figure it out. My only conclusion is that we are different. We don't have close friends that come and visit us from out of town, I don't have a gym buddy (My mom doesn't count), and then at church of all places... few people actually talk to us. So how do I feel..... like we are different. And why are we different because we have a "special needs" child. That's the only conclusion that I can come up with. I am definitely not complaining but talking with a friend yesterday had my brains turning that we don't go to the movies with anyone, out to eat, shopping, etc. Why is that???? I mean I think we are nice, "normal", social people. We just have a different family situation.
Don't get me wrong, I have my dear, dear friends that I can talk to whenever I need to. Normally our conversations are about IEPs, PT, OT, our frustrated we are, having "typical" kids, having a special needs child. So we have those conversations then I know that we have a special friendship:)
I'm not trying to say that if I don't talk to you about these things then you are not my friend, but it's different. Anyhow......... this is how I've been feeling incase anyone wanted to know. It's not intended to hurt anyone's feelings. I could go on about a few more things, but seeing that it's now 4:10am, I'm sure I will regret reading this later on today.

5 comments:

  1. Well, you know I am really not the one to help with the child sleeping in your bed issues. As far as the friend and funk issues, I understand how you feel and how some friendships have definitley changed etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, I totally understand your friend dilemma. My situation is a little different though. We have lots of married friends, but they all have kids, so they don't want to seem to do things with us. Then I have my "single" friends who go have single nights and don't want to include us, even though we were always included before. Plus, I work full time, and my schedule is terrible that I can't find time to even hang out with my husband! So I understand. (((Hugs))) to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I feel terrible there have been countless amount of times where I have felt like I wanted to call you and just chat. My apologies. Lately I have been ill and flat on my back. Plus I'm in the middle of getting tons of dental work. I wish I could help you more, but your family has been in our prayers.

    You are such a cool gal. You are fun, and fashionable. You always seem to have it together. I admire your strength, and think that you are Super Mom! It would really make my day if we could get together!

    --Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel about not fitting in. Not only do we have a "special needs" child, but we had our children later in life. I don't really fit in with the moms that have children my children's ages. I hope you are feeling better now a few days later and I hope your daughter has gotten her sleep under control. We'd love to see you at the mom's night out at warmline in Roseville. The next meeting is July 3 at 6:30. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails