Thursday, July 15, 2010

Are you with me????

I'm posting a link to a race that I did for the first time last year. Last year it was on Dylan's birthday. This year it's the day before. I've only run 3 times since Dylan died. This year, this race will be one of the hardest races I've ever done. I will be running right past where Dylan is buried. Some might question why the heck I'm doing it, but my grandma died of Alzheimer's so I'm running in honor of her. Although it's a 5k, I know this will be one of my hardest and most difficult runs. My body will feel like I've run a marathon. I know it will. My grief of losing Dylan has been affecting me physically. My body aches so badly on a daily basis and when I add in running it's kinda like a disaster.

If you feel up to running or walking come join me in this race. You will be glad you did!!! (And I need as many smiling faces there for me that day.) Just come check out the race even if you don't want to participate.

Brianna will be doing the kids run also. It's really fun!

http://www.memory5k.org/index.php?Race-Info-1

4 comments:

  1. Dang it, we're going to be in Utah for Jeff's fam. reunion--I'm really frustrated b/c Jeff was going to do it with us, and I was gonna have Justin do the run with Brianna. I wish I could be there with you Francesca, I'm there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right, it will be hard. But, consider it a milestone that you will cross. Hang in there.

    My prayers continue for you and your family.

    HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, you know I'm there and if you're not up to running, I'll be walking my big, pregnant body around that course. Maybe if you're feeling kind enough, you can walk with me and let me beat you this time:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails