Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Braces

Brianna was BEYOND excited today. She couldn't wait until she got her braces on. She's the first one in her class to get them. I'm not sure if that's why she is excited or if it's because it's something new. We are having to do 2 phases of braces. Phase 1 now, so her teeth can move and make room for the two teeth that can't come down. Phase 2 will be when she is older.

I am so impressed by Brianna. She seriously sees the good in EVERYTHING. I told her there would be a few foods & drinks that she won't be able to have while her braces are on. Her response," That's okay mom, I'll just be extra healthy."

There was 1 thing that she was bummed about and that was not being able to have lemon juice with her salmon. She's not too sure how she is going to survive eating salmon without her "bit" of lemon juice. She's also excited because she will be able to stop biting her fingernails.

Maybe it's because I've had braces, but to me they were a pain!!! At times they hurt or were really uncomfortable. But I guess the end result was worth it. I'm hoping that she will still "LOVE" her braces for the next 6-12 months. This should be interesting. Looking forward to this short journey with her.

Below are a few pictures from earlier today. I just LOVE this kid.

                      Waiting patiently in the waiting room.


 
                          Getting ready.......
I think braces make her look even CUTER. (if that's even possible) She went with pink & purple bands. 

1 comment:

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails