Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Park

I HAD to get out of the house today. Being a stay at home mom is hard work. Anyways, I thought Isabella was feeling a little bit better so I thought why not head to the park. We live in between two parks so its nice to have options.

Let me first state that I am NOT one of those moms that take their kids to the park on a regular basis. When Brianna was younger I let my Dad or Kalen take her. It was their special thing to do. I ALWAYS love to hear about what fun they had but chasing a kid around the park isn't something I enjoy doing. It's A LOT of work and I don't find much enjoyment in going, but I decided to give it a try with Isabella.

I pushed her in the stroller and walked down the end of our street. I pushed her on the swing and then let her climb the play structure. With some coaxing and me going down the slide with her, she had fun.

Here's a few pictures from our trip to the park today:






She enjoyed watching the other kids and said hi to all of them.

I of course got asked the dreaded question, "How many kids do I have?" I wasn't in the mood to cry to a stranger that my sweet Dylan died, so I said 2. I immediately felt guilty. I want everyone to know about Dylan but hate to be given the "sorry" look from others when they hear his story, but just wasn't in the mood to deal with it today. It's a tough situation. Please no judgements........

Isabella of course threw a fit when it was time to leave. I forced myself to remain calm as I felt the eyes on other parents looking at us. Despite her fit, it was somewhat enjoyable.

Im not quite sure I'm a "park" mom yet or if I ever will be. If you are a "park" mom what do you find enjoyable about it???

What activity do you like the least that moms are "suppose" to do at least occasionally with their kids?

Im just hoping Im not alone in not loving the park.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. France's a, I am the same way. I hate going to parks. Hey bore me to death. I'd rather tKe them to a McDonald's playground where at least I can drink diet dr pepper and have wi fi ! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails