Friday, January 11, 2013

FUN Friday??

Let me paint the picture for you. Im sitting hear listening to an airplane flying over head, the neighbor's dog barking, the faint ticking of the kitchen clock and Isabella refusing to take a nap.

She started laying on the couch with her blanket. That is a tell tale sign she is getting sleepy. (Besides her misbehaving) I put her in the crib, but alas, she's been in her crib for 45 minutes running around, singing, and jumping up & down. I WISH I had as much energy as her when I was tired. Oh wait....I am tired and just want to take a nap:)

Why must she refuse to take a nap?!?! She seems to want to take a nap 30 minutes before it's time to leave to get Brianna from school. It just doesn't work. It makes for long afternoons with bickering between the girls (mine aren't the only ones that fight, are they??), whining, and frustration for all three of us.

It's ALWAYS a wonderful thing to hear the garage door opening up. Such relief warms over me. I'm know I'm not alone to deal with the whining, fighting and frustration. It's AMAZING how quickly they both behave like their "angel" selves as soon as Kalen gets home.

I'm hoping that Isabella will take her nap soon. I have lots to do.

I'm looking forward to tonight. I get to go on a date with Kalen. We haven't had a date since Hawaii so it's much over due. Dinner and ....... I have no idea what other "date night activity" we are going to do. Maybe the movies, bowling, miniature golf. At least we have options:)

I'm stressing because we have a new sitter for the girls. I know she will do great, but I feel like its been forever since we've had a teenager watch our kids. Dylan always required so much care that we usually had adults for our date nights or Grandma & Grandpa since they were right next door. It's been a HUGE adjustment since they left for their mission.

So you can laugh now, but answer the following questions for me, oh wise ones that use sitters regularly.

1. Do you plan on feeding the sitter?
2. Do you just straight out ask what they charge? (I've ALWAYS felt AWKWARD when I do this)
3. Or do you pay what you think is fair?
4. What expectations do you have for a sitter?

I think that's it for now......

Silence has now entered our house. Isabella must have decided to take her much needed tap, the dog stopped barking and all that is left is the clock ticking away in the kitchen.

There is something definitely "magical" about Fridays. Here's to a FUN & happy Friday everyone!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same awkwardness about sitters. A couple of times when I have come right out and asked how much they charge they reply, "Whatever. It doesn't matter." What am I supposed to do with that? I hear around $5/hour is the going rate. Sometimes they eat. Sometimes they do the dishes for me. I just never know.

    BTW, we are happy to babysit swap with you guys anytime you want. Seriously. Adults need date nights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Andrea! I'm glad Im not the only one that struggles with the awkwardness.

      Hmm.... A babysitting swap. It could work:) I'll keep that in mind the next time we need a sitter.

      Delete

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails