Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013

I first want to say THANK YOU to all those that performed acts of service and took the time to email, mail or Facebook me their stories. We absolutely LOVED reading them. Many brought tears to our eyes. Words cannot express how grateful we are for you that participated in "filling" Dylan's stocking.

I was very worried that we wouldn't be receiving any letters. It was getting closer & closer to Christmas and his stocking was empty. There were fewer this year than the past 2 years. I had to pleaded in a blog post reminding people to send them to me. I hated having to do that. I thought for sure people would at least want to participate for at LEAST 5 years.

From my pleading word spread. I heard from family, friends and strangers. The acts of service varied from simple to extravagant. You guys are GREAT! I've been motivated by the acts of others to do better this year.

With wanting to be "better", I decided to make that my resolution. Instead of making goals that most likely wouldn't be obtained, I decided to make it a very broad goal. Im going to do my best at being a better individual, a better wife, a better mother, a better friend, a better cook, working towards a better relationship with my Heavenly Father and depending more on my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Im looking forward to this year and what it will bring. I just reconnected with my childhood best friend right before the end of the year. It definitely was an answer to an unspoken prayer. I have looked and looked for her for years and through a mutual friend we found each other. We got together this past week. Our kids played great together and we've started catching up. I can't wait to have my very best friend again. I'm hoping she wants the same:). 25 years have separated us but its amazing to see the similarities in our lives.

Here we are




We had a nice Christmas at home. It was bittersweet since Dylan wasn't here with us. I imagined him laughing hysterically while we opened our gifts. The crinkling sound made me smile. Although he wasn't physically here, little things like crinkling sounds brings him to the present for me. I get that may sound strange to you.

Here are some pictures from our festivities on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day:
























I LOVE the excitement in her eyes.















We went to the snow for the first time for a family snow trip. We had lots of fun. The girls LOVED it. Isabella was funny because she wouldn't wear her gloves and every time she fell down she'd get so mad about how cold her hands were. Trying to convince an almost 21 month old its a good idea to wear gloves is IMPOSSIBLE. We can't wait to go again. Here's pictures from our trip:




















Here's to having a "better" year in 2013!

Im curious what if any are your resolutions for the new year??? Let me know here or on Facebook.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails