Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our sweet boy

I can't believe that next month Dylan is going to be 5 years old. It's AMAZING how fast time goes. It just seems like yesterday that I was pregnant with him. I am happy to report that he is going great. We love his Home/Hospital Program. His teacher is AWESOME!!! We will be sad when she doesn't teach Dylan. But luckily we have at least one more year with her.

Dylan has a great team of therapists. I am currently working with them to come up with a true "Home Program" that will incorporate all of the therapies at one. I question if it's even possible, but I have this dream in my head so I have to work on it.
I was so excited. Yesterday, Dylan and I worked on sitting and I am proud to say that he was able to hold a sitting position with weight bearing (pushing through his arms), for about 1 second. You might be thinking what's the big deal, but for Dylan that's huge. Dylan really isn't aware that he has arms that can help him sit. This is just from observation. His sensory issues have also improved. We are so happy that he has been able to progress and grow this past year.
We meet with the school district to make an educational plan for Dylan. Hopefully it will go well or there will be a lot of ranting on my blog next week.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Dylan, 1 second is a start to many more seconds. Francesca you are doing such a good job getting and fighting for what he needs, it is not always easy to see how worth it is to go through all the stuff we go through. Your post reminded me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Hurray for Dylan! If he can strengthen his arms, and learn to sit on his own, a whole new world will open up for him! As soon as I recover from all this dental work, I'd love to come over and help you with new routines/exercises! Does Brianna help?! Is it a whole family routine, or do you get a bunch of one 'n one time w/Dylan?!

    I'm anxious to see Brianna and Amy play together again soon. Its hard to believe Amy only has 2months until nursery!

    p.s. ditto to what the justinich family said. You deserve a standing ovation!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails