Monday, September 10, 2012

Finally.....

I have been "creating" this post in my mind for weeks. I've gradually had to add to it every time since I haven't sit down and typed anything.

Summer seemed to have come and went. I was sad to see school start. I loved having Brianna home all day. She was a great helper. I miss my sweet girl while she is in school.

So I guess since I haven't blogged in months I'll at least start at the beginning of summer. Brianna had a great year of 1st grade. She blossomed. She's so talkative and LOVES to read. I guess she takes after myself and my mom. I LOVE reading. I don't get to do it as often as I would like, but when I do it's magical!



We spent our times this summer reading, going to the library (after requesting books online, because Isabella is so interested in everything it causes me A TON of anxiety), swimming with grandpa & grandma, having a few playdates with friends and cousins, practicing the piano, somedays just doing nothing and an array of other things. I have to admit Im not one of those "fun" moms that I envision doing crafts, baking and whatever else I think "fun" moms do. You know the ones that ALWAYS seem to be perfect at everything and seem to be able to do it all. Brianna tells me I am fun and perfect. I actually believe her, because I know she loves me and doesn't know anything different. I wish I could see myself more through her eyes than my own. I know that I am by far nowhere near perfect, but hearing her say that, makes me feel "good enough".






At the end of June we celebrated my 33rd birthday. Is it strange, that I don't care if people know how old I am?? We went to Red Robin with my parents, so I could get my free birthday burger.





Then we celebrated our niece MaryEllen turning 8. She got baptized. It so wonderful. I'm grateful for the example that she set for my girls and hope that when they turn 8 they will choose for themselves if it something they want to do. She's definitely my FAVORITE niece. (I tell her that all the time, and she usually says, "Yeah because I'm you're only one." SO true.




Then it was time to celebrate my mims's birthday. Let me just say that the from the last week of June through the 4th of July it's like one big family party since we have 3 birthdays back to back. For some reason I don't have a photo on my phone of her birthday. I know I have them on our camera but seeing that my laptop is SUPER SLOW, you'll just have to believe me and picture one of our family gatherings.

Then comes the 4th of July. We went to a pancake breakfast at one of our church buildings in Rancho Cordova and then watches the parade. It was bittersweet because the last time we did either of those things Dylan was with us. But let me tell you when a motorcycle went by or the fire truck blew its horn, my family thought of Dylan and we laughed and smiled. He was with us:)

























After the parade it was fun times with my brother and his family swimming at my parents. Then we had some friends over for a BBQ for some more swimming and eating. It's was GREAT day. Brianna was so tired while waiting for it to get dark so we could do fireworks she fell asleep on the couch. Luckily when I told her it was time she told me she was WIDE AWAKE.














So I know you must be eagerly waiting to read what we did next but seeing that Isabella is currently down for her nap I have to utilize my time, so the rest of July till today is going to have to wait a little bit.

Just a quick preview....Dylan's bday, Hawaii, Disneyland, Brianna's birthday, school starting and Isabella's first time at the kid's club at the gym will be next. Stay tuned. I promise it will be soon!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Francesca, you look great!....I feel exactly the same way about not being a"fun and organized" mom. Some days, we're just running errands and I feel bad for my kids. I'm glad I'm not the only non-fun mom! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails