Wednesday, December 1, 2010

This Week.......

It's been one emotional roller coaster. Sunday marked the 6 month mark for the worst nightmare our family has experienced. Fast forward to today, we had our ultrasound appointment. We found out our newest addition will be a GIRL!!!!!! This is what I was secretly wanting. I don't think my heart was ready for another boy. I'm not saying I don't want a boy. Boys are great, but so soon after Dylan's death would be hard. Being pregnant is hard so soon after Dylan's death anyways.

Now I have to figure out how to change Dylan's room into a girl's room. I'm not ready to get rid of everything in there yet. That's one of the hard things about this pregnancy. His room has been his room ever since we found out we were having a boy in March 2003. I'm not even sure where to start. I know the baby won't care what her room is like for awhile, but I never want her to feel like there isn't a place for her in our home or hearts. I just need to feel like a part of Dylan is still here in that room. It was one of his favorite places in the house!!!! Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

I quickly wanted to publicly thank those that have recently listened quietly to me crying on the phone or in person, a card to let me know they were thinking of me and would be praying for me today, and for those that are still "around" and not forgetting. It means so much to me and feel grateful to know you and have the friendships I have. I am also thankful for prayer and that a loving Heavenly Father hears them and answers them according to his will. Today one of my prayers was answered.

3 comments:

  1. YAY!! A GIRL!! I'm so excited for your family Francesca!! We're going to have girls together!! I am so thrilled for you and that your prayer was answered. I was really hoping for a girl for Brianna too. What an amazing blessing that I know you and Kalen have wanted for a long time. I am so truly happy for you!! XOXOXO

    I wish I was some sort of master decorator and could come in and keep parts of Dylan's room, but make it girly...Not really one of my strong points though. I hope someone can come in with some clever ideas. I know you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we do not know eachother. My thoughts would be to have his room be more of something else....maybe a playroom for the kids or maybe a room for you to read,relax or have some quiet time. And have the girls share a room. I know most little girls would love to share a room with their baby sister. Then as the years move on you can always change your mind and turn it back to a bedroom. do whatever you feel is right for you. Hugs.
    Janel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran- you and Kalen are such a great parents! I am always touched by your love for your children. It really shines through every post.

    Anyway, a quick thought went through my mind about Dylan's room. It may be really stupid, but I just thought of it (and I haven't really ever seen his room, so this may not be applicable): What if you framed a piece of his wall. So just use the frame and the glass, but remove the backing so that it is sort of like a window. Does that make sense? It could be anywhere and you would never paint over that area and maybe you could put something else in the frame so it is sort of like a backless shadow box. It seems sort of neat- like a portal to heaven where he is. I hope that doesn't sound creepy.

    Congrats with girl #2! More love in the family. It seems impossible, huh? I didn't think I could have more love for anyone after Elliot, but it always grows.

    --Jess Fry

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails