Friday, August 6, 2010

Continuation of previous post

I should have included this with the other post I did earlier today.

It REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bugs Kalen and I, that people don't think it's as sad that Dylan died since he has special needs. It is devastating to our family. Just because he wasn't a "typical" kid doesn't make it any less heart wrenching for us. You can't believe some of the things people have said to Kalen and I.

The death of a child, whether they lived 1 hour, 1 month, 8 weeks, 12 months, 3 years, 6 years 10 months 4 days, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 30 and so forth (you get the idea) is awful. You not only grieve the person, you grieve the "dream".

People avoid us. Not just about Dylan but all together. We NEED you to talk to us!!!

That's the last part of my vent for the day.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, that would be very difficult to respond too. I always think Kalen deserves a shirt with a picture of a french loaf on it. Since he was and always will be superior in defending Dylan. Chin up, Franscesca. You are a diamond in the rough. For all of us, when our lives feel shattered, one glorious day our Master creator we'll be able to look and see all the brilliant colors and dimensions we never would be able to see on our own. I'll never forget and was rather shocked by how much despair my grandmother felt when my grandpa died. One night she cracked and sobbed in my arms. She exclaimed her whole life how she had sung "Families Are Forever" then she was teary and said how miserable she felt because it wasn't true, because they aren't together NOW! The separation feels forever away. Although comforting to know that reuniting is real for every one. Waiting is suffering for most. Just know you aren't alone. Even though we may never fully understand your trials. (And forgive us that we may not know the best things to say because of it). Also know, that you may never know the depth of the way others have trails too. But it is most comforting to know that our Savior knows us each personally, and perfectly. We can depend on His love, as we try to help and love one another too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so this post has been bugging me for a while. I just can't believe that ANYONE would think that Dylan's death would be anything but heartbreaking!!! What makes me super pissed is that someone actually said this to you!!!

    My Mother in law knew a family with something like 10 kids. One passed away, and folks told the parents, oh, it's all OK, because you still have all those other children, right? NO. The Momma was heartbroken forever over it, even after she became a grandma, she still carried that child in her heart.

    Lots of love to you and your family. I hope that love and healing touch your heart. Please know that you are often thought of!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails