Saturday, December 28, 2013

Slowly but surely

I'm laying in here in my nice warm bed thinking about a million different things. The mind is a wonderful thing but can also be the worse weapon I've decided. 

I got cleared yesterday to start doing "normal" activities since recovering from my c section. It was the shortest amount of time after having surgery this time. My doctor saw me at 4 1/2 weeks. I usually have my post op appointment around 6 or even 8 weeks. I'm definitely NOT complaining about that. I've been actually going a little stir crazy around here. I've been seeing people run and have been so envious of them. I haven't been able to run for over 7 months. Yikes!!!
After my appointment I texted a friend to see if she'd want to go for a run. The excitement for me with just the thought of going for a run, was probably easily compared to Brianna's excitement of Santa coming on Christmas Eve. I have been waiting for what feels like a LONG time to lace up my shoes and go. 
So taking my doctor's advice of "listen to your body", I put on my running clothes and laced up my shoes. (I need to remember to go get new running shoes) I grabbed my phone and opened the Nike running app. Off I went. It went wonderful, despite the worry that although my doctor did a fantastic job putting me back together, there is just the constant fear I might rip open so I was a little cautious during my first .25 of a mile. I met up with my friend and off we went. We ran a little, walked a little and continued that pattern. I am definitely sore this morning, but it's the good kind of sore. You know the kind where you pushed yourself but it's not painful?? 
So hopefully I'll be able to start running more and more each time. I'm hoping to do a half marathon in either March or April. Hopefully I can get my body to remember how to run a race like that!

So I'm curious, I LOVE to run as my favorite way to exercise, but what is yours? Leave a comment here or tell me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails