Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

It was very different this year. I normally host at our house because it was just easier having all of Dylan's supplies here at home. I just couldn't do it this year. It was too overwhelming. We decided to go to Kalen's parents first and then to my parents. Two thanksgivings was a lot for us. We were emotionally drained by the time we got home and all of us instantly fell asleep.

Before heading out to Kalen's parent's house we went to the cemetery. I cried. Brianna cried. Kalen cried. It seemed really unfair that day more so than others.It was a hard day to be there, but we wanted to go. It seemed appropriate. We were gonna release 3 balloons but the helium went out of the balloons overnight. Nothing seems to go as planned this year for our family.

My brother's family left notes for Dylan a few weeks ago by Dylan's headstone. It was so sweet. I'm grateful that they haven't forgotten him. I can't describe the feeling of knowing that people take the time to go to the cemetery and visit Dylan's place there. It's very appreciated.


We miss Dylan. Kalen and I had expected Dylan to be with us for years, many more years. I basically cried from here to Marysville.

We put on our best faces, but we were heart broken inside. On such a day, that we should be grateful it was hard. We are grateful for Kalen's job, our home, our health, the knowledge that we will be able to be with Dylan again someday, the new baby on the way, and our extended family members.

It was so different not hearing Dylan's laugh or having him there with us that day or any day for that matter. At my parent's house, Dylan's place card was set at the kids table. My niece, MaryEllen, noticed and was glad that Dylan's name was there.

Tomorrow marks 6 months of that dreadful morning of finding Dylan unresponsive in his bed. I wish I could change it more than anything.

We miss you Dylan. We love you Dylan. We hope you are laughing.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails