Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer

I can't believe that July is halfway over. It's crazy that Brianna just got out of school a little over a month ago. Brianna finished 2nd grade with a great report card. I'm so grateful that she works hard and doesn't give up with her school work. She LOVES to read.

It started getting hot and the plum tree in the backyard started ripening. We had so many plums. Brianna's first chore of the summer was to pick up a trash bag full. I am grateful to those that came and helped pick up rotten plums, pick the tree and take plums to their homes. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with so many plums.

I had bought a Groupon awhile back that was for one of the local skating rinks. Brianna has enjoyed getting better at rollerskating. She can actually skate. It's been fun watching her.

For my birthday, I went to Six Flags with my sister in law and her kids. We all had a blast despite the heat. Isabella wasn't too sure of the characters. She wanted nothing to do with them up close. Far away she thought they were great. We can't wait to go back. They have some pretty amazing shows.

Here's a few pictures from our day. Isabella LOVED drinking from the "BIG" cup. Good thing I had them refill it with water sometimes during the day. Hanging out with her cousin while the big kids rode a "roller coaster".


A friend of ours invite the girls and I to join them at Art Beast. It's a pretty neat place for the kids. I LOVE that they can paint and I don't have to worry about it getting on my floor or walls. Isabella LOVED painting at the easel. It was hard to get her to stop. Luckily there were tons of others things for her to do.

Brianna enjoyed painting as well. I love the idea of painting on a dry erase board. Such easy clean up. Why haven't I thought of that??

We had a great 4th of July. It was super low key and mellow, but we had a blast. We swam, had a BBQ and did fireworks. We had some friends over and it was the perfect day. Isabella enjoyed the "quiet" fireworks but if they made any loud sounds she was terrified. Brianna loved all the fireworks.



We've been swimming on the really hot days and because of that the girls' hair is turning blonder. Here's a pic of some crazy hair after her nap. Look how blonde it is!

We've been attending story time at one of the local libraries. It's been nice having Brianna there with us because Isabella will actually sit on the carpet square. Brianna is a great big sister.
Incase you missed the last post, we are expecting our final baby this November. We just found out this past Monday that we will be having a girl.

We are all really excited. Poor Kalen is really out numbered now. It's a good thing he is so mellow and great with his "girls". I'm glad he can tolerate the color pink too! We can't wait to meet her. Now we have to decide on a name. That's always hard for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails