Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Friday

That means one thing. My emotions are very intense. My body is more sluggish compared to the other days of the week. My heart hurts. I'm more confused than my new normal. Saturdays are extremely difficult to. These days mark another week since I've last held Dylan. Most people look forward to the weekend. I don't! It just another reminder.

So while I'm not in the best mood I figured I might as well blog to see if it will help at least release some of the annoyance I'm feeling toward others.

Since people still tell me they want to help but are not sure what to do or say I figured I'd make a short list of do and don'ts.

1. Don't tell me you are sorry Dylan died. You did not cause his death. The word "sorry" is the most overused word I feel, our society uses.

2. Dinners are still appreciated. Just call me and say you had extras and want to bring it by. Don't ask me if you can make me dinner. That part isn't helpful.

3. Let us talk about Dylan and our feelings about him. His death isn't the only thing about him. We love talking about him and what life was like when he was here.

4. Please think about what you say before you open your mouth. I know we've all put our foot in our mouths at one point or another but just stop and think.

5. Call, text or email often. Don't wait for us to do it. We might not answer the phone or get back to you right way but knowing that people still care is one of the things that help. We feel that most have moved on. While we know it's true, we haven't.

That's my list for today!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails