Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday.......

Happy Friday as well as Valentine's Day! As a kid I LOVED this holiday. As an adult it's just another day. Am I bitter? Nope. I try to have it be magical for my kids. We have little pink and red mailboxes with their names on them.

Last year we were really good about writing "love notes" to the girls. Last year I also wrote on hearts and put them on their bedroom doors. I was on top of it last year. Fast forward to this year and Brianna asked me if I was going to put hearts on their doors or put notes in the mailboxes. I felt pretty lame when she asked. I had planned that I'd be able to continue the traditions we did last year for valentine's day. But I failed this year. I've had sick kids for the past week and have had to ask friends to pick things up for me at the store. That included the valentines Brianna will be passing out today to her classmates. So we went with store bought valentines and added a lollipop.

Last year I did fun things found on Pinterest. We even "made" the valentines Brianna passed out last year. I even have a whole board for Valentine Day crafts, food, etc. you can find it here that has fun and cute things I could do to celebrate this "holiday".

This year Valentine's Day is pretty much just another day in our household just minus lots of red and pink hearts but with lots of love shown to one another.

Next year will hopefully be a little more magical for my family. I better start planning now:)

So those of you that "have it together" know I'm envious of you!


So tomorrow when this holiday is over, I'm curious, what are some ways you still show love to your family and friends on a daily basis??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails