Thursday, November 14, 2013

Realization

As the days seem to be quickly going by, I realized that I need to cherish these last few weeks with Isabella. It will be the last time it will just be her & I together during the day. It makes me a little sad. While she keeps me super busy, I enjoy her "full of life" personality, and her sweet little voice.



She has zero idea on how our family is going to be changing in a few weeks. She sees the new crib, changing table, baby supplies and knows that they are for someone that will be named, "Sophia".



I am really interested on how she will do with "sharing" Mommy & Daddy. I think it's going to be a bumpy road for a few weeks, but I know she will get use to it. Anyone have any tips or ideas on how we can help her adjust to a new sibling?



Brianna was 5 1/2 when Isabella was born so she could understand it a little better. She LOVED having a new baby but in her words, "didn't like how busy I was with her (Isabella)". It's hard being a parent!! Making sure that each of your kids know how much you love and cherish them.



I can wait for the 25th for when my c section will be, so I can spend some quality 1 on 1 time with each of my girls. It's strange to think that this is the last time I will be pregnant, the last time I will have surgery to remove a baby, the last time to feel a baby move inside me, the last time I have a watermelon looking belly, the last time to have a newborn. As hard as it is having a brand new baby, I hope despite the lack of sleep and recovery from surgery that I will be able to cherish each moment and "live" it. Live in the moment and not look too far ahead.



I'm grateful that I am able to be a mother. I am grateful that my body has been able to carry 4 beautiful children. I am grateful for modern medicine that allows me to have c sections. I am grateful for my husband who will help with the girls at night so I can rest. I am grateful I have had wonderful friends who watch my girls for my numerous appointments I've had with this pregnancy. It has been very hard without my mom being here to help. I'm so grateful that I was able to have them right next door. It's been an adjustment while they have been on their mission. I can't believe that they will be back in less than 6 months. CRAZY!!!



So what words of wisdom do you have for this 4th time mom? Leave a comment here or tell me on Facebook:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails