Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2 Years

It's here! It's been a strange few days. I can't believe that it's been 2 years since I got to last hold Dylan, hear his laugh, kiss his cheek, smell his hair and just have him here. My heart aches to hold and see him. I'm still not use to him not being here. My mind is still trying to make sense of it all.

It's been very bittersweet for the past few days. We have been amazed and touched by those that have remembered our sweet boy, but miss him so much. We have received emails, texts, and posts on our Facebook Timelines of our friends and their families blowing bubbles or drawings of bubbles in honoring Dylan's memory. Dylan loved bubbles. I can just picture him smiling and laughing if he was here.

Here's a few pictures I've received:

































I also want to thank those that brought dinner or treats. Thank you to those that came to the cemetery on Monday. It warms our heart that so many care.

All I can say is THANK YOU for remembering and honoring our sweet Dylan!

My heart is full of gratitude but is still "broken". I'm trying to put it back together the best I can. It's been so hard, frustrating and overwhelming. Maybe one day it won't be so broken, but it is what it is for now.

Each day brings its own challenges and I am trying my best to plow through it. It's like Im running but slowly sinking in sand. Very little progress is happening, but I guess it's better than no progress.

I am grateful for the knowledge that I have a Savior who loves me. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers my prayers. I'm grateful for my family and look forward to being reunited again someday. I am grateful to the friends that have stuck around all this time and still are willing to hold my hand, lend a listening ear and withhold judgement. You've made that part in my grief journey a little more bearable. Thank you!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails