Friday, August 8, 2008

Breaking Dawn.. literally

I can't believe that it's been a week since, Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer, came out. I joined up with some friends. Lisa, Nicole, and Laurie up at the Barnes & Noble across from the Sunrise Mall to get our hands on the book. We arrived at 6pm last Friday to stand in line so we could get our spot in line. We were given "hall passes" (remember it's geared toward juveniles) that allowed us to get our books at a certain time. Sometime after midnight..... So we got our passes. We were in the second group. Now we had 5 hours to kill. So we decided to eat, watch a movie and just diddle daddle. Half of my group thought it would be a "fabulous" idea to jaywalk across Sunrise Blvd across from the mall. As we were doing it multiple times, cops drove by. Could you imagine it, grown women with kids, getting tickets for jaywalking.... not something I was looking forward to. We got lucky I guess. But I have never stood behind a pillar in the center divide on Sunrise Blvd nor will I ever do it again.... Thanks Lisa & Laurie:)

We ate yummy food at Elephant Bar. Enjoyed our conversation about the book series, talked about our kids, past boyfriends. etc. We had a good time. I think Nicole and I thought our server was a little creepy, if that could be the word. He told us his name multiple times as he came to serve us. Like we care what your name is. I've never called my waiter or waitress by the first name, have you???

So with time to kill we watched Indiana Jones at the Movie Theater in the mall. Did you know that movies there are only $3 or $3.50. I think I know were we will be going from now on. It's worth the drive. I have to say I thought the movie was okay, but it didn't seem to me like how the other Indiana's were. But at least it killed 2 hours.

So we headed back across the center divide, again passed by a cop, two actually. Barnes and Noble was packed with tons of teenage girls dressed in prom dresses. It was crazy. We took our place in line and were so excited when we could finally get our books. We were out of there by 12:10am.

So did I go to bed when I got home, nope I read until about 1 or so.

I'm glad that I got to go out with such a fun bunch of girls. We can't wait for the movie to come out in December.......

Here's us with our copies of Breaking Dawn:)

Laurie I need the pic you took with your phone to add it to the blog:)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like tons of fun, I am on the waiting list at the library for the first three books. I love series books like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun! Thanks so much..I will get the pics off my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gals are hilarious! Sounds wonderful and I'm glad you had such a fun girls nite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were living on the edge that night. Staying up past midnight and jay walking. Maybe the next time we get together we'll get arrested!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun night out with friends. I, too, like going to the movies at Sunrise. The movies have usually been out a while, but I would never know since I don't get out much. :) I guess I'll need to start reading the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY Francesca! (actually the movie comes out in Nov. now :) Anyway, I found your blog through Sarah Scott. I like your hair! Haven't seen you in like 2 years or something so I dunno how long it has been blonde but whatever. Anyway, just wanted to say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does everyone LOVE this book, not that I don't and did not read the first three in a week. Just WHY? I found candy blood bags with blood red liquid candy that I am bringing to the premiere!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails