Monday, September 15, 2014

Have you missed me???

I say it time and time again, I know. I truly mean to blog often but life has a certain way of not allowing me to do that. I guess that's a good thing that I am busy. There are still so many things that I need to do or that I'd like to do.

Summer was a whirlwind. Lots of fun family day trips. We made a "Bjurstrom Summer Bucket List". Some of the activities were REALLY easy. Other's required some planning. I think one of my favorite day trips was trying to go to Muir Woods. Brianna had been begging to go. We loaded up in the car and headed out. By the time we got to Muir Woods, trying to park was INSANE! I circled a few times. I was even willing to park along the road. It wasn't meant for that day, I guess. So we continued to 2 beaches that day. Memories were made and we had LOTS and LOTS of fun. My mom (aka Grandma) was pulled over by Isabella when a big waved crashed into them. It was funny. (I'm pretty sure though that my mom didn't think so).
This is literally right before a huge wave soaked them.

Here are a few more pictures from that day.


We decided the week after our first try to go to Muir Woods that we would try again, but this time leave earlier and we could circle the parking lots a few times. It was much less busy the second day we tried. I was about to give up but I knew Brianna REALLY wanted to go, so I went to the front parking lot one more time. Just as I was pulling into the entrance I saw a car pulling out. YAY!!! Brianna would get her wish of going to Muir Woods. It was fun walking around and admiring the beauty that was there. 

After we went to Muir Woods, we went on to see the Golden Gate, did the paddle boats on Stow Lake, went to the Japanese Tea Garden and then checked out "The Full House" house. Brianna loves that show. I could tell she was bummed that it wasn't exactly like the TV show, but she was still pretty excited. It was a great day (despite getting stuck in horrible San Francisco traffic on the way home).

Summer was pretty laid back here at our house. Although we had the bucket list, the girls mainly wanted to swim at my parents house. It's nice they are so close, that way the girls can go swim while Sophia was napping and I got some quiet time. YAY for quiet time!

School is back in full swing. We have a 4th grader and a preschooler. When did this happen??? I feel like my life is flying by and my children are growing up WAY to fast. I am really trying to enjoy the moments, even the not so great ones (i.e. teething infant, tantrums and 9 year old emotions).

This past weekend, I attended a Women's Conference, called Time Out for Women through Deseret Book. You can check out their website here. I was able to go with my mom, my best friend and my friend's mom. It was wonderful taking time for myself and listening to the wonderful speakers. I came home with checklist of things I want to try, change or eliminate. Kalen was awesome with watching the girls, keeping the house clean and entertaining the girls. I'm grateful that he was willing to watch our girls so I could go and be uplifted. I can't wait for next year!

Well Sophia just woke up from her nap and I have dinner to make. While this wasn't the most awesome post, it was a little snippet into what our summer was like. I'm really ready for fall or at least cooler weather. It was in the 100's over the weekend and it's MISERABLE! Here's to cooler weather, leaves changing colors, sweaters and apples!

What was your favorite thing this past summer???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I will to respond to them quickly as possible. Leave your blog address so I can follow back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails